Dr. Julie Thomson is a Canadian-born family physician who has been practicing medicine for over 15 years. She has a special interest in aesthetic medicine and dermatology. Dr. Thomson enjoys working alongside her dermatological colleagues and treating primary care dermatological concerns like acne, rosacea, eczema, hair loss, and skin cancer screening.
Dr. Thomson has completed a postgraduate dermoscopy course at the University of Cardiff in Wales to enhance her skill at early skin cancer detection. She is also experienced in the surgical removal of dermatological lesions. She completed Procedural Skills in Dermatology (Vancouver) and received tutelage in plastic surgery techniques and aesthetic injectables from Dr. Jonathan Lee. Dr. Thomson is an Advanced Aesthetic Injector and has worked with cosmetic injectables for over 9 years; she is known for her gentle touch, subtle beautification, and genuine warmth. Dr. Thomson believes in the combination of science and aesthetics to allow women to look natural and feel their best. She advocates a holistic approach to skin health and wellness. Dr. Thomson is a mother of two and loves to spend time with her family at home baking, playing games, or hiking in our beautiful backyard, the Rocky Mountains.
- BScH in Life Sciences from Queen’s University
- MD, MSc, Clinical Mentorship in Dermatology from the University of Calgary
- CCFP, College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Certificate in Skin Cancer Screening, University of Calgary
- Dermascopy Certificate from Primary Care Dermatology Society of Canada
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dermoscopy, University of Cardiff, Wales
- Mentorship Dr. Jonathan Lee (Plastic Surgeon) in Aesthetic Injectables and Plastic Surgery techniques
- Mentorship Dr. Ken Alanen (Dermatologist/Pathologist) in skin cancer screening and acne management
- Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- Member of the Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine
- Member of the Alberta Medical Association
- Member of the Primary Care Dermatology Society of Canada
- Certified Member of the North American Menopause Society
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (Certificate); Applications for Understanding, Assessing, and Treating Gut Dysfunction (Module) through the Institute of Functional Medicine