- Sagging or Drooping Cheeks
- Deeper Nasolabial Folds
- Skin Laxity of Face and Neck
Achieve the look you want - without surgery!
For decades, sagging facial skin and early signs of aging have been addressed with just one aggressive solution: facelift surgery. Today, Papillon Medical is thrilled to provide an instant, non-surgical option to lift deep nasolabial folds, sunken cheeks, and jowls - with results that improve over time!
Dr. Jansen van Rensburg is the first licensed provider of the Silhouette Instalift for Calgary and area. This game-changing technology uses patented, absorbable micro-cones to gently manipulate and reposition lax tissue, restoring a youthful contour to the face and neck. Skillful placement of each device activates the body's natural healing response, boosting collagen production at sites of insertion for up to two years! Skin appears voluminous, fresh, and smooth - all in under one hour.
For those who are not ready to pursue an aggressive surgical procedure, the Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive alternative that offers immediate results.
How does Silhouette Instalift work?
- Prior to treatment, the patient's face will be marked to indicate insertion and exit points for each thread. The center mark will represent the insertion point and the two end marks will be exit points. All insertion and exit points will be infiltrated with a local anesthetic. Once the patient is thoroughly anesthetized, small incisions will be made at every insertion point so the needle can easily be guided beneath the skin.
- Each thread is inserted in two parts. First, the needle will be inserted into the center insertion mark and guided linearly to the previously marked exit point. The needle will be pushed through the skin and pulled outwards, pulling half of the thread through the face. Next, the second half of the thread will be inserted through the same center point and again, threaded linearly though the skin and out the pre-determined exit point. Excess thread will be trimmed. This process will be repeated for every thread. Once all thread have been placed, the provider will manipulate the face so that the cones are able to properly attach and lift the tissue.
- Improvement in wrinkles and sagging is noticeable immediately after the procedure with continued improvement for several months afterwards as collagen production increases facial volume to further diminish fine lines. Inserted threads will eventually dissolve with effects lasting for as long as 2 years depending on lifestyle.
What To Expect
- Avoid blood thinning medication
- No alcohol for 1 week prior
- No smoking for 1 week prior
- Local anesthesia
- Needles are inserted into the area to be lifted
- Barbs along the thread act as cogs to grasp, lift and suspend the skin
- Needle is withdrawn and the tissue is ‘gathered’ over the thread
- Excess thread is cut
- Do not touch or wash the face for 12 hours
- Limit facial motion for 24 hours
Immediately after treatment:
- Non-strenuous activities can be resumed in 1 day
- Eat soft foods or drink liquids for 7-10 days
- Resume normal activities as tolerated
1-7 days after treatment:
- Full activity can be resumed in 1 week
- Avoid strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks
1-3 weeks after treatment and beyond:
- Improvement noticeable immediately
- Results improve over time as collagen production is encouraged
- Maintenance treatments every 18 months
Call our clinic today to schedule a complimentary consultation!
Downtown Calgary Location : (403) 263-0661
Okotoks Location : (403) 982-7771