- Sagging or Drooping Cheeks
- Deeper Nasolabial Folds
- Skin Laxity of Face and Neck
Silhouette InstaLift, achieve the look you want – without surgery!
For decades, sagging facial skin and early signs of aging have been addressed with just one aggressive solution: facelift surgery. Today, Papillon Medical is thrilled to provide an instant, non-surgical option. For instance, this revolutionary technology targets and lifts deep nasolabial folds, sunken cheeks, and jowls. Most importantly, Silhouette InstaLift provides results that improve over time!
Dr. Jansen van Rensburg is the first licensed provider of the Silhouette InstaLift for Calgary and area.
This game-changing technology uses patented, absorbable micro-cones. These cones gently manipulate and reposition lax tissue, restoring a youthful contour to the face and neck.
Skillful placement of each device activates the body’s natural healing response. As a result, there is an increase of collagen production at sites of insertion for up to two years! Most importantly, skin appears voluminous, fresh, and smooth – all in under one hour.
The Silhouette InstaLift is minimally invasive offering immediate results, and therefore is a great option for patients who are not ready to pursue aggressive surgical procedures.
How does Silhouette InstaLift work?
- Prior to treatment, the patient’s face will be marked to indicate the placement of each thread. The center mark will represent the insertion point and the two end marks will be exit points. Secondly, a local anesthetic will be used at all insertion points. Once the patient is thoroughly anesthetized, small incisions will be made at each marked point so the needle can easily be guided beneath the skin.
- Each thread is inserted in two parts. First, the needle will be inserted into the center mark and guided linearly to the previously marked exit point. The needle will be pushed through the skin and pulled outwards, pulling half of the thread through the face. Next, the second half of the thread will be inserted through the same center point, and the thread is pulled linearly though the skin and out the pre-determined exit point. Afterwards, excess thread will be trimmed. This process is repeated for every thread. Once all threads have been placed, the provider will manipulate the face so that the cones are able to properly attach and lift the tissue.
- Improvement in wrinkles and sagging is noticeable immediately after the procedure. There is a continued improvement for several months afterwards as collagen production increases facial volume to further diminish fine lines. The threads will eventually dissolve with effects lasting for up to 2 years depending on lifestyle.
What To Expect
Before the treatment:
- Avoid blood thinning medication
- No alcohol for 1 week prior
- No smoking for 1 week prior
During the treatment:
- Local anesthesia
- Needles are inserted into the area to be lifted
- Barbs along the thread act as cogs to grasp, lift, and suspend the skin
- Needle is withdrawn and the tissue is ‘gathered’ over the thread
- Excess thread is cut
Immediately after the treatment:
- Do not touch or wash the face for 12 hours
- Limit facial motion for 24 hours
1-7 days after the treatment:
- Non-strenuous activities can be resumed in 1 day
- Eat soft foods or drink liquids for 7-10 days
- Resume normal activities as tolerated
1-3 weeks after the treatment and beyond:
- Full activity can be resumed after 1 week
- Avoid strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks after treatment
- Improvement is noticeable immediately after the treatment
- Results improve over time as collagen production is encouraged
- Maintenance treatments may be needed every 18 months
Call our clinic today to schedule a complimentary consultation!
Downtown Calgary Location : (403) 263-0661
Okotoks Location : (403) 982-7771