Dr. Swiegers was born and raised in South Africa. She relocated to Calgary in 2014, which she now calls home. She is a passionate Family Physician who has a special interest in Aesthetic Medicine and Dermatology. She enjoys helping patients achieve a rejuvenated appearance and diagnosing and treating primary care Dermatology concerns. She values the expertise of Royal College Dermatologists, with whom she collaborates to provide improved care for her patients.
- Graduated with a Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery from the University of the Free State in Bloemfontein, South Africa in 2009
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada in 2017
- Received her Certification in the College of Family Physicians of Canada in 2018
- Received her Postgraduate Diploma in Practical Dermatology from the University of Cardiff Medical School, Wales in 2019
- Received her Certificate and Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine with the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine in 2016-2017
- Completed the Institute for Functional Medicine’s “Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice” Course in 2017