Universkin takes a revolutionary approach to skincare by allowing us to create formulas that fit each individuals’ unique needs. We are able to carefully select adapted active ingredients to treat specific skin concerns, some of which include:
- Oxidative Stress: The harmful effects of UV exposure include premature skin aging and cellular damage which can potentially lead to skin cancer.
- Skin Appearance: Wrinkles are a factor of natural aging and facial muscle contractions such as frowning, squinting, and smiling. They can be worsened by sun exposure and smoking. With age and rapid weight loss, elastin and collagen fibers in the skin break down, causing it to slacken. Proper targeted ingredients can help restore skin elasticity and prevent sagging skin. Swollen or puffy bags under the eyes can be caused by lack of sleep, fluid retention, heredity, or allergies. Though fatigue is the predominant cause of dark circles under the eyes, they can also result from allergies, thinning skin, sun exposure, and loss of fat or collagen.
- Skin Redness: A common problem experienced by many people at some point in their life, potentially causing psychological and self-confidence issues. Broken capillaries, or spider veins, are tiny veins seen on the skin surface. They are caused by irritation, inflammation, and repeat sun exposure.
- Skin Dryness and Dehydration: May result from environmental factors such as excessively cold or hot weather, lack of humidity, heating systems, and harsh soaps.
- Skin Texture: Tightness and intense itching due to rough skin can be the result of harsh weather conditions, UV exposure, frequent washing, hormones, age, and diet. Blackheads are a mild type of acne that form due to clogged hair follicles on the skin, while whiteheads form when oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells block pores.
- Skin Oiliness: Oily skin occurs as a result of physical and emotional stress; warmer, more humid climates; hormones; and cosmetics that are comedogenic, which can trap oils within the skin.
- Skin Pigmentation: Skin pigmentation results primarily from excess sun exposure, though it is also caused by hormonal influences, genetic factors, and trauma to the skin.
- Pimples: Result from excess sebum production, hormones, and bacteria that forms when pores are clogged, leading to inflammation.
Come to either Papillon location today for a complimentary skin assessment and see which active ingredients are best for your skin type!
Calgary : (403) 263-0661
Okotoks : (403) 982-7771